Garth Wade has played a huge role in the creation and running of the New Brunswick Physical Education Society over the past years. When Garth retired, the executive found it only suiting to rename the Career Award the Garth Wade Award in honor of his outstanding contribution to Physical Education in our province and schools.
The criteria for The Garth Wade Career Award
- Be a member in good standing with the NBPES
- Be a trained Physical Education Specialist through credentials.
- Conducted a quality Physical Education program as reflected in PHE Canada’s definition throughout their career.
- Serve as a positive role model in personal health and fitness throughout their career.
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
- Holds or held a full time teaching contract and has been teaching Physical Education. full time or part time throughout their career.
- Has made a significant contribution to the field of Physical Education over their career.